Sunday, November 30, 2008

Heather and Joe's baby room

I should have been working at the library, but this was a fun mural to work on. Friday Heather's mom helped me get the basic colors on the walls and start the swirls and the trees.
As usual, it took me longer to paint than I anticipated. But it was relaxing to work on this whimsical room. Joe calls it the happy room and says he may have to sleep in here.

The colors and shapes mimic the crib linens that Heather bought. (Martex brand- "down under" set) Everything has either a pattern on it or is outlined. Even though I didn't use black (I wanted to keep it cheerful) I think the colors are strong enough to work with the black crib and dresser that will go in here.

A fun, productive way to spend the holiday weekend.
:-)


Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful room!!! What a lucky baby!!

Anonymous said...

It's gorgeous!

please ask Heather to come aqnd enter her room in my baby nursery

You Can Enter here

All entrants will get their very own page for their nursery on my site and the winner will receive a $75 gift certificate from PinkTaffyDesigns and the room will be featured on my home page.

Jamie Douglas said...

Fantastic, Ann! Scott said it was a comfortable and familiar stylized tree. He likes it. I love the colors and it just looks like lots of fun. Jamie