Saturday, November 1, 2008

Saturday, Nov 1, 2008 Lots of spots

So who says that the sky has to be blue and the ground has to be green? I had this discussion with a student this week. She showed up today while I was working. I heard her before I saw her..."see the sky is green...this has to be it"

You can't tell it from the photos, but I spent about 6 hours painting irregular spots today. And I'm still not done! It is tedious work, but I want all areas to either have realist images or areas of flat repeated patterns. Hidden images will be added to this area later.

So...for what reason did I pick these shapes?
a)because I wanted rough looking pebbles on this "ground".
b) these shapes repeat the spots on the giraffe.
c) these shapes resemble the ice cubes in my iced coffee.
Will anyone ever know the real reason???


The library tech guy took this photo.












No comments: